San Diego. The city that likes to point its self-righteous finger at Los Angeles.
In Reality San Diego is a small mans version of Los Angeles, smog , gangs, taggers and crime. Inflated housing as well.
The funny thing is why the Chargers would even stay in California period? You have been brain washed about San Diego being 72 degrees year round.
Not true. Tourism industry, false claims.
It gets cold and damp and you need a jacket and pants in the winter, it also has one of the worst smog conditions in the country, and it gets humid in the Summer. If any city doesn’t deserve a NFL team, it is San Diego.
I think of all the great cities who are dying for a team, and would give them their full attention, and the Chargers are fighting to stay in San Diego, and if that doesn’t work, Los Angeles will be their home.
Los Angeles? But that is Rams and Raider turf.
What about these other cities like:
Salt Lake City
Nope, Los Angeles is the solution. Where Raider fan dominates. The Chargers aren’t reading the Nazi post it notes, that say, “please leave the state, you suck!”
This season will be very disturbing for the Chargers. They will play every game as if they were on the road. Yes, even their home games will be away games, let’s take a look.
San Diego Chargers Home/Away games:
1. Dallas Cowboys (Preseason) The world’s team will be visiting the “Q”. It will be known as Texas Stadium West. The Cowboys will have about 99 percent of the stadium in Silver and Blue. I left the one percent for Charger family members, although I suspect they are Cowboy fans too.
2. Seattle Seahawks (Preseason) If you think the 12th man travels well back East, just think of all the Hawk fan in San Diego, let alone the quick flight from Seattle to San Diego, I will say 98 percent of the stadium will be in Seahawk Blue. The other two percent will become Hawk fans during the game.
3. Chicago Bears: Have ever been to a Cubs Padres game in San Diego, literally it’s called “Wrigley Field West” and the”Q” will be known as “Soldier Field West” after this one, expect 90 percent of the crowd to be pulling for “Da Bears.” The other 10 percent will be rooting for the Chargers because they are Packer and Viking fans. The only persons pulling for San Diego will be the players. Sad But true.
4. Cleveland Browns: Like Chicago, Cleveland has fans across the nation, and they will be wearing new uniforms for the first time since never.About 95 percent of the crowd will be in Brown and Burnt Orange, the other 5 percent may be Steeler or Bengal fans watching their enemy.
5. Denver Broncos: If you ever been to a Broncos- Chargers game in Denver, nobody roots for San Diego. Not so in San Diego, Denver Bronco Orange takes over the “Q.” One of the Chargers biggest rivals- and they have home field advantage, it won’t be 99 percent, it will be about 85 percent of the crowd rooting the Broncos. Unless Peyton is in one of his grooves and is flawless during this time frame, the whole stadium by the 4th quarter may be pulling for Denver.
6. Detroit Lions: I know. This will be the home game Charger fans dominate, right? Nope. The Lions made the playoffs last season and will be even greater in 2015. Lion fans will gobble up tickets for this one. I look for 75 percent of the crowd to be for the Lions.
7. Kansas City Chiefs: Another one of the Chargers rivals, Kansas City will deck the “Q.” In Red and Gold. The Chiefs are making a desperate run at the super bowl, this game will be at least 75 percent in the Red.
8. L.A. Raiders: The “Q” turns into South L.A. via Interstate 5. You can chalk this one up as 100 percent of the crowd rooting for the Raiders. The 5 Charger fans that may show up have vanished. A heated rival, the Raiders get an extra home game at the “Q.” Which stands for Quit. The Los Angeles Raider fans have one shot at watching their team in Southern California and they take it.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers: Do I really need to comment? The Steelers could be 0-14 and the stadium will still be about 99 percent Black and Gold. There is none like Steelers fan.
10. Miami Dolphins: Now you would think the Charger fans would out number the Fin Fans for this one, Miami Dolphin fans have already bought the majority of the tickets to this game, and these are Fin fans from California. Yes, local Fin Fans.
Las Vegas is calling!